Wednesday, September 23, 2009

book lover...


The above is a book I'm reading right now.  It's about the building of Starbucks.  Totally inspiring and informative.  If you're entrepreneurial in the least and have any dreams of making something 'less-ordinary' of your life you must read it.


That second one is one of my favorite books of all time.  I read it once a year, sometimes twice. Sure, part of that is due to the fact that I love movies and love M. Night's work (except 'THE HAPPENING'--what happened?) but another part of it is because I dream of doing something similar--albeit on a much smaller scale.  Michael's book continues to inspire me.

Reason I'm writing about those two books is because I referenced them in a book proposal I just sent off to a bona-fide publisher.  They ask in their form for you to refer to some books that would be either 'competition' or 'comparable'.  Those two were top of my list.

I should DREAM of writing a book so good as either of those.

But I'ma try, that's for dang sure.

Remember me talking about a couple book ideas a while back?

Well, I just wanted to share with you that there have been some concrete steps taken in that direction.  Said 'actual' steps were taken as a result of 1) a 12 year old deep friendship 2) an offer made in truth which I acted on 3) a one-sheet I wrote (after having written literally hundreds that have gone nowhere in my career) that got an IMMEDIATE response 4) a meeting as a result where there was genuine interest and chemistry between me and the publisher 5) a proposal sent to me which I 6) just finished and sent back.

I hope the combination of providence (or luck if you're not quite 'there' yet...) and perseverance embedded in 'ye above list speaks into your life and encourages you to pursue and persevere and respond in your own life and journey.

Just wanted to share with you that sometimes (once in a long, long while...) things seems to 'click' in a funny way.

Still doesn't guarantee that anything will actually happen here but goes to show you that all the work you do is always doing something.

We hope.

And today I'm filled with hope.

Hope--after reading this--that you are too.

T

No comments: