Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm in Cannes...


Okay, you got me, I'M not in Cannes (though I wish it were so) but my intellectual property is and if it's true that all creativity comes from within then a little (or big) piece of me is over there right now.

I've got a movie and a TV series currently being repped at MIP COM which is the biggest TV and FILM market in the World.  Everybody who's anybody in show business the World over (particularly buyers and sellers of TV series and films) is there looking to sell and be sold this week.

And--for the first time in my career as a writer/producer/director--that includes two properties with my name on 'em.

I just wanted to note this for no other reason than to publicly comment on 1) what a long road it's been to get to this point.  I used to dream of finding a way to break in to this kind of environment 2) how humbling it is to be at this stage, mostly because by now I've suffered disappointment so many times that I'm kind of numb to the process and resigned to the fact that it just is what it is, I can't control it, so I might as well just keep working and let things run their course--to say nothing of the fact that there have been countless people involved in the journey so far to whom I owe much gratitude 3) how mind-bending it is that things you think aren't connected actually are.

You also may not be in Cannes this week but I thought this might speak to you anyway:

-It takes a long time.
-You'll 'get there' after being broken and broken and broken again.
-You never know which connection or seemingly 'dead end' is going to turn out to be your big break.

Put those three into your context and keep at it friends.

T

No comments: