Monday, March 9, 2009

behind the scenes...


So, first-off, oh man but did we ever tie one on for my birthday.

Love my friends.  Love my wife.

Secondly, seems like my sense of impending 'Our World's in trouble and I've got to do something about it...' is being shared by one of my bosom-friends.

That sense of urgency--the drive to put the truth and some positivity and some hope back into the World--will drive what I do today.

And here's what I'm doing.

Going downtown to re-stripe the 5.1 audio to the continuous reel master of my first feature-film.  I'll take some shots of the five-hour process and upload 'em here for you later tonight.

The reason we're doing this (essentially getting the final audio laid back over the final picture) is that our domestic (and international) distribution deal on THE STORM is just about done. We have to send a final screener off to get the deal locked.

Fun stuff.

A lesson to me in this is that of perseverance.  We shot the film Feb/Mar 2006 finished it March 2007 it's now two years later and we're just now locking distribution.  I'm sure there's many a person out there who was involved with the picture that thinks it died the death of most small indie-films.  Truth is, we've been quietly, simply, and slowly (because we don't have the funds to do it fast...) working and working and working towards getting the film to an audience.  We're almost there.

The day the deal gets signed and the day the thing finally releases is going to be a great one for me--and for those who worked with us on it.  The new wrinkle is that one of the distributors is seriously thinking about going limited theatrical with it.

We never expected that, but it'd be awesome if it ended up going that way.  As usual, still no guarantees but things are looking hopeful.

So, if you've been at it a long time, keep at it and keep believing.

The light of day will be seen friend.

T

No comments: