Friday, March 27, 2009

make that change...


Call me an 'artist'.

Sometimes you just gotta' treat your life--or your hair--like a canvas.

Sometimes you feel like a change is coming and you feel like that feeling needs to find expression in you personally.

So you cut your hair.

Or--if you're me--you shave it.

Let it be said that the wife doesn't love this hairstyle on me.  She's patient with me though.  She understands that sometimes I go a little crazy and that--when that happens--I tend to take radical steps.

Last time I looked like this was on the eve of directing my first feature-film.

Today, and for the past couple months, I feel like the re-shaved head is significant of a re-purposing of my life in terms of refining my focus so that it--perhaps--reverts back to a more split focus than has been my habit for the that past couple years.

To be specific.

It's my hope to start preaching (some) again.

I'm going to try and get a new site up to 'promote' (if you will) my 'services' (if you will) as a communicator from the stage.  I can do three things from the stage.  1) I can talk about making it in film and television and the specifics involved as a writer/producer/director and 2) I can talk about making it as a Church Planter--from concept through retirement and 3) I can preach.

It'll be interesting to see what might happen in this next season.

I'll keep you posted in the hope that elements of my journey might be encouraging to yours.

('cause, who knows, some *things* in your life might need some trimming...)

I'll keep producing all the things I'm producing.

Just bald.

(and preaching about it)

T

2 comments:

Candace said...

dude.,....... seriously.... you going on TV in May?? ... seriously... dude..... ??? :0 what has happended..?

~ C ~ said...

Did you know that when I read that line about the prospect of you preaching again, that I screamed?

Not too loudly, but still...

I've had a rough day. Living Room's tonight though.

I needed something to smile about, and you gave it to me. Even if you don't come back to FT,

You + Preaching = GOOOOOOOD

Meaning "Good" or "God" (as in "God is in the house!!". Take it however you want. LOL.