Friday, April 24, 2009

Bobby...


I don't often get nervous.

I did for this week's guest though.

I mean, how could you not?  Bob Barker?  THE Bob Barker?  Coming to see me?  At the Beverly Willshire Hotel?  To talk about his life and career and his passion for animals?

Man.

Bob Barker.

So I was wrapping up my interview with R&B superstar (and former husband of Halle Berry--I KNOW that's right) Eric Benet and one of our assistants pops her head into the room to let me know 'Mr. Barker is here and wants to meet you...'

Bob Barker.

Funny thing was, Eric Benet was as excited to meet Bob as I was.  That's when you know a star is a superstar--when other stars get silly at the prospect of meeting them.

So we walk into the makeup room and there he is.


Bob Barker.

And he looked old.  Real old.

And he was nice.  Real nice.

And when we got him out under the lights and got the cameras rolling he turned into BOB BARKER!

Pretty cool experience.  You can watch it this Sunday night in Vancouver on channel 10 and in Winnipeg on channel 11 at 9:00pm local.  The rest of you should be able to catch it on VisionTV all across Canada and the rest o' y'all--including my east asian readers--will be able to watch it online, next week sometime by visiting here.

Hope you enjoy him as much as I did.

T

No comments: