Wednesday, August 5, 2009

it springs eternal...


How long do you keep hoping?

Long time I guess.

How long have those rocks been being caressed by that water as they lay upon that sand?

Long time I guess.

Why do I ask?

Well, I just sent a script to L.A.  It's my favorite of the seven or so scripts I've written.  It's also by far the most commercial and most likely to get the Hollywood set hot under the collar.

It comes complete with action figures McDonald's would love.

Yup', that kind of movie.

Anyway, it's been years since I first came up with the idea.  Years since I first wrote it.  Years that I've been continuing to try and find a way to find it a home.  'Course, you've heard me say it, I don't really believe we 'find' anything.

We're found.

But we keep walking while waiting don't we?  Ye'essiree.  

So, today I sent it out again.  Last year I almost had it set up with a production company with a 1st-look deal at one of the studios most-likely to make movies with McDonald's-ized action figures in 'em.  Then the writer's strike hit, then the recession.

You know how it goes.

But I still love the story, still think it's got legs, still think the studios will love it.

It's (as usual) just a matter of getting it read by the right person, assuming of course that you're not deluded and it actually is something someone's going to get hot and bothered about.

Point is.  

I sent it.  Just now.  To Los Angeles.  The town of dream-makers and dream-takers, risk-takers and wish-makers.

I wonder if they're gonna' like it?

I hope.

I spring eternal.

T

No comments: